CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

8 Years Ago Today

8 Years ago today, I stood in the north Texas heat and married my husband. It was one of the greatest days ever for me. This is how we started :)

I moved to Austin in the summer of 99. Even though I knew quite a few people there, I put a profile up on AOL. Oh, yes I did. Mostly it was just to meet people and make new friends. If more came of it, then great, if not, oh well. I was having a great time going out clubbing like 5 nights a week. Other nights were spent hanging out with friends.

I had met a few guys through the AOL personals and gone out on a few dates. At some point, I ran into one of the guys that I went to high school went. He was stationed at Fort Hood. He was only the second guy in the army I had ever dated. We dated for like 2 months and then out os nowhere, I was too much for him. He very much valued his alone time, I infringed on that. Mind you he was never hateful and we just split up and went on about our lives. I had cancelled the AOL profile while dating him, and put it back up after we broke up.

Sometime in February, I received this email from a guy who was in the army. He was very polite, but he didn't send a picture so I deleted his email. His screen name was something like 69TRITR69. I didn't think much else about it for awhile. Then one day in March, I was chatting online and this new chat box comes up and guess who's screen name but does appear? We started chatting and I talked him into sending me a picture of him. He had all ready seen mine as I had one on my profile. He was HHHAAAAWWWT! Apparantly he had added my screen name to his messenger. He never chatted online and only had me and his roommate as buddies on list. He never turned it on, but he had rebooted his computer and when it came up, there I was and he had no idea who I was, LOL. Oh and his screen name which my mind went to the gutter when I looked at it really meant 1969 Triumph Tiger 69. That is what his motorcycle at the time was.

We chatted online for about 2 weeks, and he asked for my number, I told him no, but I would get his and call him. So we talked on the phone every night for another week before he asked me out. We went out and it was all I could do to keep control of myself. Not to mention, I knew he had tiger stripes tattooed on his back, from the base of his neck to his tailbone. I have had a fascination for tigers since I was like 8. I made him let me see it on our first date and wow! Never thought I was a tattoo girl, but it was just awesome. He asked me on a second date and this was to a motorcycle rally in a nearby town over Easter weekend. Our first date was a Wednesday, and the second one started Friday.

After that weekend, we were officially a couple. About 6 weeks after we met, he proposed. 3 months after that we were married. 8 years ago today.

Lord, I love that man!!!

2 comments:

loqi said...

Wow! You were right about the short courtship? But when it works, it works! :-D

Thanks for sharing this is so cute and unique. But now we will hound you for pics of that tiger stipes tattoo. :-D

Butterfly Wife said...

What a great story!