Wow, that was fun! It was really awesome to see how many people were there... 26k runners for the marathon and five thousand for the 10k! Then there are like 100,000 spectators!!! You wanna talk about being wiped out! I am so glad I was able to hook up with LAW and walk it with her! We did it in about 2 hours. I am also so happy that GQ was willing to drive me to DC and watch the kids while I did this! It was just so awesome to have them there as support, even though I could only walk. We had to get up at 3:30 AM and leave at 4:30. All this after he had just got home the night before from a TDY and had been getting up really early all week long. It was just so great! Oh and my son thinks I am a winner since I got a finishers medal! How cool am I??
That little lady that LAW referred to was pretty dang cool....she also told us that she was sick - sounded like she had a head cold or something and she still ran it! GQ also told me she started 10 minutes after the race started because she got there late!!!! And she crossed th finish line in from of me and LAW!
Sadly my day did not end there, as both kids had halloween or birthday parties to attend and I finally got to sit down at about 7 pm! Fat Boy (which is what I will call the baby from here on out) decided to kick the crap out of me later that day. It didn't actually hurt, but up to this point, it has been little bumps and such. I guess I got him all pumped up by walking that morning.
So today in Crossfit we did "Elizabeth" That is 21-15-9 of Power Cleans and ring dips.
Rx weight for women is 95 - I did 65, and I still use a rubber band to assist with ring dips! Ad since I did this workout several hours ago, now I can't remember my time - dang mommy brain! I think it was 13 minutes or so!
Field trip day tomorrow with DG's class, and it is going to be cold drizzly and windy!!!! Now I have to talk a little girl, who still insists on wearing her tank top dresses over jeans to dress warmly. This should be fun!! Maybe something interesting will happen!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Marine Corps 10K
Posted by Vypergirl at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Before the surgery I was so close to doing ring dips and getting my kip and now backfat is coming back with a vengance! Where's a baby belly shot?
I'm still so bummed I couldn't meet you guys!!!
I love how you're totally cool to your son because of your finishers medal, that rocks. I enjoy the finish because usually a cute Marine is there to hand me my medal and my little thermal blanket thing. And they remind me of my LT. :-p
Love the Fat Boy name for the baby. :-D
Congrats on completing the marathon....it's very cool isn't it. My husband used to do it when we lived there, me not a runner any more, I used to be one of the spectators, but it never ceased to amaze me how Awesome the whole experience was....
Glad you had a great partner to do it with!!!
loqui - the Marine I picked... cute but younger than my son... And hey - you are a winner, in the category of pregnant lady with the name of **^*... right?
LAW
Oh there were definitely plenty of cute Marines there!
Loqi - I wish we could have met too! You are still only a couple of hours away! Fat Boy just kind of fits - especially if he ends up being as big as Speed was. He was over 9 lbs!
Sara - I have like one baby belly shot that I will work on getting posted :) It isn't that good adn my belly isn't the big yet - thanks to Crossfit!! I have only gained like 5 lbs I think and with Speed by this time I had gained like 15!
LAW - You are so right, I have my own category LOL!
Post a Comment