CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Rolling Thunder XXI

What a day yesterday! We woke up at 5:30 am and headed out for the Pentagon parking lot by 7 am. We got there at about 7:45 and we were still no where near the front!! I am very thankful that it was not anywhere near as hot as it was last year though! Soon we were able to meet up with LAW! That was very neat for me! She is the first blogger I have had the pleasure to meet :) We also met her husband, which was awesome as well! After chatting with her for awhile, DH, the kids and I went walking around to look at all the bikes. There are so many that are dedicated to veterans at this event, that I couldn't even conceive of getting pictures of them all.




This one I actually heard the owner say that he plans on giving it to the Smithsonian after he has passed. (I am not including all the angles of this bike, there are many!!)







That bike also happened to be next to the OCC National Guard Bike! Which was very cool for me as I watched this bike being built on American Chopper.







The following is a picture of Staff Sergeant Tim Chambers.
I also caught a glimpse of airforcewife of Spousebuzz fame from afar. I wasn't sure it was her until today, when I saw the pics of her kids on Spousebuzz here. The following is one of my munchkins. They don't like the camera or anything..........


I am so thankful that we were able to attend this event for a second year in a row. It is wonderful to see how many people turn out to remember those who are gone or still MIA, and those who have or are still serving. I also feel very blessed to have had our motorcycle and my family blessed by a member of the Christian Motorcycle Association. It was a wonderful day.


3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

it looks like a wonderful way to spend such an important day. no better way then remembering our military family while spending time with your own.

your kids are adorable!

by the way are you guys stationed in the area? im usually down that way every other month or so.

tootie said...

I've heard about Rolling Thunder before, but I never had a chance to go. It looks like you had so much fun!

I'll have to put this on my "things to do" list. :)

liberal army wife said...

did you SEE the drivel that Garrison Keillor wrote about Rolling Thunder?? jerk. (link on my blog)

LAW